Are you are planning to travel to China?
Here the ten essential things to know:
1. Trains are pretty always fully booked. Book your trains as soon as you arrive in China (at Beijing International Airport there is a little just at the arrivals).
2. Plan well an advance which places you want to see, avoid playing by hear your itinerary: it would not work
3. Make sure to have a guide book with the name of the places you want to visit written in Chinese alphabet.
4. Always book a place on a sleeping wagon if you are travelling for long distances
5. The Visa to access China is one of the most expensive in the world: 50 USD
6. International Youth Hostel are extremely reliable, consider this option
7. Bring with you a compass, it will help in the little streets of the big towns
8. Don't go to China just to see the China Wall, it is very impressive but there is much much more to see!
9. Arrive at train stations well in advance and always having booked your ticket an advance
10. Avoid buses for long distance travels: they are unsafe and unreliable
Are you interested in China or are you planning to travel to China?
Read my page My China Project where you can find the list of all of my posts and the destinations covered in this blog in China.
Do you like this blog?
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE NEWSLETTER: insert your email on the box on the right column on this page, so that you wil recieve the updates by email (note that when you subscribe you will recieve an email from "feedburner email subscription" asking you to confirm your subscription. Remember to confirm it and be aware that most of the time your email's filters will consider the confirmation email spam and so to find it and reply to it you have to look on your spam folder as well).